Saturday 17 August 2013

My Top Three Products

As this is a new blog I thought a good way for me to introduce myself would be to tell you three of my most cherished beauty products and why they are so precious to me. 

1) Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser



To me, beautiful skin is everything. I generally had perfect skin until I reached the age of seventeen. About twice a year I would have two months of forehead acne which consisted of lots of tiny little bumps under the skin. When I was younger La Roche Posay and Vichy products would resolve it however this year has been different. I don't know whether it was down to university stress or hormonal imbalance (coming off then going back on the pill) but nothing would get rid of my bumpy forhead. I had researched and researched, tried countless products including Manuka Doctor and Garnier but no luck. It was red and inflamed and becoming difficult to conceal, and as time went by I became extremely self conscious and genuinely didn't want to leave the flat! Then I came across Dermalogica, an absolute savior in my eyes. 

The first night of using it already made a difference. My forehead was already more refined. After two weeks my forehead was literally completely clear. Three months on, and it is still crystal clear. I recently went on holiday and wasn't able to take it with me and as soon as I stopped using it, the bumps came back. Luckily as it was only a week it didn't get too out of control so as soon as I got back on the clay cleanser it cleared up again. I have read many reviews of this product which say that the cleanser caused them to break out, but it didn't do that to me at all even on the rest of my face which has no blemishes. 

If you look hard enough online you can find the cleanser for about twenty pounds, which is obviously pricey. In my opinion I think it's an amount worth paying for such a fabulous product. I will certainly continue to purchase this cleanser which has done wonders for me. If you don't want to fork out that much initially you could just buy a travel sized bottle which is much cheaper, and see if it works. Because the consistency is quite runny it spreads easily so you don't need to use too much of it. 

2) Maybelline Super Stay 24 Bold Matte

I have found it extremely difficult to find a lip product that lasts all day, but this one truly does. I found that it outshines YSL lipsticks and MAC lipsticks for staying power. I can put it on in the morning and it's still on at night time even with eating and drinking. Because you only have to apply it once rather than having to reapply it time and time again like other lipsticks, it also lasts longer. I've had mine for four months now and I'm not even half way through. 

I would say about this product that you absolutely cannot apply it after having applied lip balm or any kind of lip product even if your lips are dry. If you do, the product doesn't sit properly and it falls off very easily in quite an unattractive manner. But as I said, that's only if there's some sort of barrier between the lips and and the product. That works the same for lip liner. Don't try it because it won't blend, and you'll have an obvious separation of the products. I would also say that after you let the colour dry you HAVE to put the balm on, otherwise the product is very sticky and won't stay on as it should. Basically, if you use the product as you should then you'll have beautiful results. 

I absolutely adore the bold range as the colours are so bright, and they keep intensity as time goes by. My lips are still as bright in the evening as they are in the morning. For £8.99 and often on offer, I just don't think you can go wrong. I have the product in three colours and use them all the time. I haven't tried the simple lipstick version of the product yet, so you'll have to let me know if that's any good or not.

See below in Fire Coral (it really doesn't capture how bright it is):



3) Marks & Spencer Limited Collection Bronzer
This product took me completely by surprise. I popped into M&S with my mum one day and I got this on a whim but it has now become one of my staples. This bronzer is great for me because it's matte with the tiniest bit of shimmer. I have normal to oily skin so when I use a product that has a lot of shimmer in it, it makes my skin look greasy. Another great thing about this product being matte is that you can use it for contouring. They have it in two colours, Light and Dark. Light is perfect for contouring and light bronzing, and dark is perfect for full fledged coverage. I only have it in light but I plan on getting it in dark for a deeper tan. What I really love about the bronzer is that it's not orange at all, and easy to blend. With a lot of bronzers I find that it doesn't look natural and when you use them to contour they give you a line that just doesn't match. This one has more of a golden tone than an orange tone I would say.

I have had it for a year now, and I've still not finished it. It's only £5.00 which is an absolute bargain considering how long it lasts and how well it works. I would highly reccomend!
If you'd like a bronzer that has more deepness and radiance to it, I would reccomend Bare Minerals All Over Face Colour, which i'll do a review of soon. 

I look forward to this Blog journey. 
Sibley x

No comments:

Post a Comment